Tinkle-pea is CLOSED for the holidays. We will reopen on Friday 06 April 2018.
Detailed description of goods and/or services
Tinkle-pea is a business in the retail industry that markets educational toys, children´s safety products, children´s books and other baby and child related products.
Tinkle-pea offers next working day shipping for all online orders placed and paid for before 16:30 each day. Where a payment is made by eft proof of payment must be provided to ensure no shipping delay. New customers paying by credit card can expect a 2 working day shipping delay as we need to wait for the credit card payment to clear.
A tracking number will be e-mailed to you once the parcel has been posted or couriered!
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
Payment requirements and Methods of Payment
Payment is required before each order is shipped. We would appreciate payment on the day that the order is placed.
Failure to pay for the order within 1 week of it being placed will result in us automatically cancelling your order. We will send at least 2 follow-up emails before the order is cancelled.
If you have placed an order and for any reason decided to cancel it before payment is made, we would appreciate it if you could just let us know by email. This will allow us to release the stock back onto our online store.
Tinkle-pea accepts the following payment methods:
- Credit card payments via Visa or MasterCard credit cards. We use PayFast to process our credit card payments.
- Bank transfer (eft) into the Tinkle-pea bank account. You will be sent an automatic email with banking details when an order is placed on our online store.
- Cash deposit into the Tinkle-pea bank account. You will be sent an automatic email with banking details when an order is placed on our online store.
Please note that Tinkle-pea does not accept cheque deposits.
Return and Refunds policy
Tinkle-pea strives to ensure that all stock listed on the Tinkle-pea online store is available for immediate shipment. If there is a case of stock unavailability Tinkle-pea will refund the client in full within 5 days for the unavailable stock.
Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 10% administration fee if the client has already made payment and requires a refund. If the client has not made a payment and no refund is required then no administration fee will be charged.
Tinkle-pea will accept the following returns:
1) If the product shipped has a defect or a quality problem
2) If an incorrect item was shipped
Please notify Tinkle-pea within 10 days of the product being shipped if you have a reason to return a product. Notification after 10 days will result in the return not being authorised by Tinkle-pea.
Please be sure to read the product specifications before placing an order as Tinkle-pea will not accept a return of an incorrect item ordered.
1) Contact Tinkle-pea by e-mail (email@example.com) or telephonically (Jenny Simon on 082 804 5678) about the problem encountered.
2) If Tinkle-pea authorises the return the product must be shipped back to Tinkle-pea within 7 days to PO Box 531, Hillcrest, 3650. A tracking number needs to be provided to Tinkle-pea once the parcel has been posted.
3) Be sure to retain your returns shipping receipt in case the return gets lost in the post.
4) Once the return has been received by Tinkle-pea, the customer will either be refunded their money or a replacement item will be shipped. This will depend on what is agreed between Tinkle-pea and the customer.
Should any of the following situations arise:
1) Incorrect delivery address provided from customer.
Tinkle-pea will not be held responsible should parcels be signed for and collected from the delivery address provided.
If the parcel is returned to Tinkle-pea we will then contact you to re-schedule the shipping. Please note that you will need to pay the delivery fee again before the parcel is re-shipped to you.
It is essential that you ensure that the correct shipping address is provided.
2) Customer does not collect the parcel from the Post Office within the period required by the Post Office
Should you not collect the parcel from the Post Office timeously, the Post Office will then return the parcel to Tinkle-pea. We will then contact you to re-schedule shipping. Please note that you will need to pay the delivery fee again before the parcel is re-shipped to you.
Tinkle-pea shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
Credit card acquiring and security
Tinkle-pea is able to accept credit card payments to a maximum of R5 000 per transaction using PayFast to process the credit card transactions. Users may go to www.payfast.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Payfast uses extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption to ensure that your credit card details are secure.
3D Secure is in place. 3D Secure is an extra layer of security in using your credit card for online transactions. For online transactions over R1000 you’ll be asked to enter your 3D Secure password.
Credit card payments made using Payfast take at least 2 working days to clear. If you are a new customer Tinkle-pea will wait for the payment to clear before shipping. Repeat orders will be shipped next working days but Tinkle-pea reserves the right to delay the order until payment has cleared if the order is for a large amount.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Competitions, Promotions and Lucky Draws
- Tinkle-pea reserves the right to cancel or amend a Competition/Promotion at any time, without prior notice.
- Competition entry is only permitted for customers residing in the Republic of South Africa.
- Employees, agents of Tinkle-pea and their families are not eligibe to enter any competition offered by Tinkle-pea
- If entry into the competition requires a order/purchase from Tinkle-pea it is required that the order/purchase has been paid for to ensure entry into the competition. Payment must be made by the specified competition closing date and time. Unpaid for orders will not be entered into the competition.
- The Prize winner/winners will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries within 1 week of the completion closing date.
- The judges decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize winner/winners will be notified in writing by e-mail.
- The prize is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- By entering our Competition/s you agree that if you win Tinkle-pea is permitted to announce you name as a winner in the Tinkle-pea newsletter, on Facebook and on the online-store www.tinklepea.co.za.
Tinkle-pea takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Tinkle-pea chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
Tinkle-pea may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
This website is run by close corporation based in South Africa trading as Tinkle-pea cc and with registration number CK 2007/077250/23.
Jennifer M Simon
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch Name: Kloof
Account Holder: Tinkle-pea cc
Account Type: Cheque
Branch Code: 051001
Account Number: 25 165 346 3
Tinkle-pea cc contact details
Support : firstname.lastname@example.org
Support: 082 804 5678 (w/h)